This week in:
Language Arts– Finding figurative language in our AR books and classwork.
Spelling- “er” and “or” vowel partners
Writing– Continue writing an informative response using 2 sources and citing evidence.
Math– Continue our unit of understanding fractions
Question to ask your child “Show me a picture for ¾?” (They should be able to draw a rectangle, circle or number line.)
Students may practice Math skills at Dreambox.com
Social Studies- Continue our unit on California’s Native Americans
- February 6th– Fieldtrip! Madison and Sullivan classes to Living Coast Discover Center. Please make sure your child has proper clothing and walking shoes. We will be outside, near the bay. Don’t forget to pack a lunch.
- February 9th – Jump Rope for Heart Please make sure students are wearing proper shoes. All students will be participating in the jump rope activities.
- February 13th– Fieldtrip! Nixon, Hernandez and Thomas classes to Living Coast Discover Center
- February 15th– Dances with Wolves @ 2pm
- February 16th& 19th– No school: Lincoln’s and Washington’s Birthday