Parent Conferences continue all week. Please contact your teacher if you need to confirm your scheduled conference time. Thursday and Friday are minimum days, as well as M-F next week. Please remember to pick up your child or arrange for pick-up at 1:45 during those days.
Please remember to return the payment and/or unwanted photographs from the Spring Picture Day. The make-up day for absent students will be today, March 16.
Please support our PTA in another great Family Dine out at Chipotle on Wednesday, march 18, from 5pm – 8pm. 50% of sales will be donated back to Wolf Canyon (and you get an awesome meal in the deal!) Be sure to bring in the flyer that will be coming home, show it on your smart phone, or tell the cashier you’re with Wolf Canyon! The class with the most participation wins a prize from Chipotle.
Please remember to check the lost and found for any missing items. All items left over the break will be donated.
We are conducting 2 online parent surveys now through March 20. Both parents/guardians in a household may take the survey once.
California School Parent Survey 2014 – 2015 http://surveys.wested.org/csps/YZ737DE?lang=en SCHOOL CODE:RM22TE
Hanover Customer Satisfaction Survey
Friday, March 20 at 8:45 am all Birthday Book Club members whose birthdays are in January, February or March will be acknowledged in the morning announcements, receive a spirit stick, receive their birthday book and have their picture taken as a club member for the yearbook. Students must have their forms and money in no later than Tuesday, March 17. Contact the school office to find out how to become a member 619-482-8877.
This week in:
- Language Arts: Trickster Tales Unit: Reviewing Narratives
- Writing: Finishing up the informative prompt with multiple sources and beginning a Social Studies opinion prompt, In-Class Thought Question for “Every Flag has a Story”
- Math: Module 5: Fractions – Some tips to help your child boost their fraction awareness: have them help you cook, talk about fractions on the clock (half-past 12, quarter of an hour, etc), how much pizza (cake, cookies, etc) have we eaten?
This Week’s Homework:
THERE IS NO HOMEWORK THIS WEEK!
What’s Happening This Week?
- YEARBOOK SALES ONLINE NOW ~ $50 ~ (They can only be ordered through THIS FRIDAY 3/20) All orders must be made no later than the 4:00 pm Friday. Click the link for more information Lifetouch Flyer – 50.00
- March 16 – March 19 Scholastics Bookfair (Bring your Boxtops and get some freebies).
- Parent Conferences are 3/16-3/19 and are all minimum days
- Monday, March 16 General PTA Mtg. at 7:00 pm.
- Spring Break: March 23 – April 3; school resumes on Monday, April 6 and is a Minimum Day.
- The Chula Vista Elementary School District is offering parent workshops: Positive Solutions for Families – Feb. 2, March 2, and April 13 – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm District Office.